Monday, September 5, 2016

Welcome to my Blog

Hello Fellow Bloggers, my name is Sherryl Ann James and I am an administrator at a PreK Head Start program in Columbus Ohio . I have been teaching for the past 20 years and I have been an administrator for 5 years, two of those years  with Head Start . During the transition from teacher to administrator I  observed the frequency of children being mislabeled when they exhibited behaviors that teachers didn't understand and would call "bad". I wanted to understand why these behaviors were happening and what I can do to facilitate the needs of students with any type of behavior. This lead to my quest of studying to be an Intervention Specialist ,with endorsements of TESOL & Reading.  
When I am not busy working or studying , I am constantly reading various genres of books which I love because of it's ability to transport and  transform you to that particular place and time . I also enjoy cooking various types of cuisine, as well as traveling and working out. I love the outdoors, so most of my hobbies are done outside as much as possible.
My goal as an Intervention Specialist is to use my experiences with diversity as an advantage to bridge the gap that's  clearly visible when looking at the needs of the diverse population of children within our educational system. I would like to collaborate with families to meet their needs ,as well as the needs of  their children for a successful educational journey . One of the essential ways to do so in my field is to have a consistent knowledge of Technology , and the ways to engage my students in various ways. In my blog, I will be using different methods to accomplish this, and post various bloggers to showcase what I learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment