Tuesday, September 20, 2016

"Ohio DL Schools"

Ohio Connections Academy ( OCA)

 I visited this site to look at information about enrollment and immediately the screen gave me the option of chatting with someone if  I  had a question. I personally liked this. The visuals on this website were very appealing and encouraging, as well as simple but in depth.  The site addressed all ages from K-12 and is accredited by AdvanceED .The look and feel of the environment on the website was inspiring because the different grades were broken down and clustered into 3 groups, with supporting lesson plans for each group. There was a FAQ page which answered question I had personally if I had to know before enrolling my child.

Virtual Community School of Ohio (VCS OHIO)

When I visited this site, the colors were simple and inviting. Upon clicking on their “How it works” button I came across the age groups  served and was amazed that each category of three groups answered FAQ  instead of displaying what subjects are taught and how are they connected to a lesson plan. While this was surprisingly different, I wanted more of an in depth explanation about the curriculum and couldn’t get a clear understanding when I looked it over under the “About Us  “ button. Personally there wasn’t a sense of cohesiveness in the website and that made me have a negative opinion of using this website to school my child.

Ohio Virtual Academy

I was very impressed by this website. The clarity and understandability of information was available, as well as in various other languages. The look and feel of the environment centered on giving any child an opportunity to receive an enriched education. Personally, I would pick this website over all the others because of the positive impact I see it could have not just on children and their plans, but as well as in  their futures.

ECOT


This website was simple and straight to the point of what’s available for students and their parents. However, the clarity of the information is tricky   because a potential parent needs to search to find out information about the curriculum and other important information.  Under each category of buttons ,various topics are listed and some information are straight forward, as well as some of them makes your take a double look because of uncertainty .  I was very indecisive of endorsing this website, I think that I will have to do some more research before I give a clear opinion of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment